Welcome to the Shoals Area Association of REALTORS®
The Shoals Area Association of REALTORS® serves more than 400 REALTOR and Affilate members who live and work in the North Alabama area. Our focus is the success of our members who are providing unmatched services to the communities in which they live and serve.
Our vision is to be the preeminent provider of innovative services to real estate professionals, setting the standard by wich all other associations are measured.
We strongly encourage you to take full advantage of our Association's many services as you navigate the exciting and challenging world of real estate.
If you are interested in becoming a member or working with a REALTOR® in our area, our staff will be happy to provide you with the information and products that will help ensure your success.
SAAR Annual Awards Nominations Are Now Open
Nominations will be accepted through 4 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 13
Our Annual Awards Banquet is just around the corner, so today is the day to nominate your peers for the recognition they deserve. If you haven’t heard, SAAR's Annual Awards Banquet is Jan. 22, 2016 at 6 p.m. at the Marriott Conference Center.
I can't wait to celebrate the accomplishments of our members who have worked diligently on behalf of each of you and our association this year, and managed to provide professional services to the communities they serve as well. We have an amazing group!
This year we are making a few changes to the awards ceremony including adding the selection of the 2016 REALTOR of the Year to the event! Nominations will be open for all of the awards, including a few other new additions, through Wednesday, Jan. 13 at 4 p.m. To nominate one of your peers for REALTOR of the Year, please fill out this formSAAR REALTOR® of the Year_blank form 2016.pdf and return it to Donna at Donna@shoalsaar.com.
For all other awards, please see the list below to learn more. If you are interested in making a nomination, email the name of the award and the person you are nominating to Donna at Donna@shoalsaar.com or 256-764-8002.
- Affiliate of the Year - This award recognizes a Shoals Area Association of REALTORS® (SAAR) Affiliate Member who supports SAAR and REALTOR Members with integrity and a commitment to excellence. In addition to activity with SAAR, the Affiliate of the Year is recognized as a person with impeccable business standards, as well as having a professional attitude towards improving our community.
- Good Neighbor Award - This award recognizes a Shoals Area Association of REALTORS® (SAAR) REALTOR® who has made an extraordinary impact on their community, or on the national or world stage, through volunteer work.
- SAAR Spirit Award - REALTOR - This award recognizes Shoals Area Association of REALTORS® (SAAR) agents and brokers who, through their everyday actions, consistently demonstrate the ideals that embody the very meaning of the term “REALTOR®”.
Defining REALTOR® Spirit: The ideal nominee is an unsung hero within the real estate profession who supports other industry practitioners through actions, words and cooperation. Recipients are known for their strong professional ethics, a cooperative spirit, and willingness to share business knowledge, industry experience and personal time to help others succeed in their career. Honorees may be accomplished sales agents, managers or business owners, but are often better known and respected for their optimism and enthusiasm, integrity and work ethic, and civic involvement, charitable contributions, and leadership in the local business community.
- SAAR Spirit Award - Company/Firm - This award recognizes Shoals Area Association of REALTORS® (SAAR) REALTOR® firms who, through their everyday actions, consistently demonstrate the ideals that embody the very meaning of the term “REALTOR®”.
Defining REALTOR® Spirit: The ideal firm is a REALTOR® firm that demonstrates strong professional ethics, a cooperative spirit, and provides tools a resources to its agents to help them excel and succeed in their careers. Awarded firms are known and respected for their optimism and enthusiasm, integrity and work ethic, and civic involvement, charitable contributions, and leadership in the local business community.
- SAAR Above & Beyond - This award recognizes a Shoals Area Association of REALTORS® (SAAR) REALTOR® Member who exhibits the following characteristics:
- Is an active Member of the Shoals Area Association of REALTORS®
- Knows the market in their geographic area inside out—its values, market trends, neighborhoods, pros and cons, legal issues, its agents.
- Coordinates and manages well every aspect of the real estate transaction process—on either side of the transaction.
- Has a professional demeanor and exhibits a positive can-do attitude with the public and fellow REALTOR® Members.
- Is actively involved in the community
- SAAR Distinguished Service Award - The award recognizes REALTORS® who have provided many years of leadership and distinguished service to SAAR. The Distinguished Service Award (DSA) is the association's most prestigious award. While intended to recognize high-quality service to the association on a long-term basis, the DSA should not necessarily be viewed as an "end-of-career" or "lifetime achievement" award. Recipients shall have demonstrated a high level of commitment to SAAR; contributed a substantial amount of time, effort and creative imagination; and established a record of effective participation in association affairs, and a contributor to ARPAC (Alabama REALTORS Political Action Committee). Recipients' association activities shall have set a high standard and be worthy of emulation. The DSA will be awarded only once to each recipient.
- Rising Star Award – This award recognizes a Shoals Area Association of REALTORS® (SAAR) agent who has been licensed in the last five years and is active in the community and association. Additionally, this agent promotes professional enthusiasm and best exemplifies the Code of Ethics.
- Congeniality Award – This award recognizes a Shoals Area Association of REALTORS® (SAAR) agent or broker who other REALTORS® love to work with. This agent is warm, friendly and always a pleasure to work with.
If you haven't registered for the awards visit your Navica Homepage or call the office (256-764-8002) to reserve your spot. Additionally, please help us thank our Platinum Sponsors SunTrust Mortgage and Guaranteed Pest Control, our Media Sponsor Trustmark Mortgage and our Centerpiece Sponsor First Federal Mortgage for helping to make this year's event extra special for all of you! Always remember a great way to thank an affiliate is with your business.
If you have any questions about the awards or about the awards banquet, please let me know.
SAAR is pleased to introduce enhancements to our Professional Standards offerings
SAAR hopes these programs will promote professionalism amongst all REALTOR members and help protect the home buying and selling public.
SAAR Ombudsman Program: Variations of the Ombudsman program are being adopted in every REALTOR association. The Ombudsman Program in its simplest definition is informal telephone mediation. In some cases, it can address and solve minor complaints from the public. It can also solve inter-Realtor® conflicts before they become serious problems. Like a mediator, an ombudsman helps parties find solutions. To learn more about the Ombudsman Program, click on the documents below:
To learn more about becoming an Ombudsman, fillout the application below:
SAAR Citation Program: The Citation Program is designed to improve the process of reporting and
resolving complaints by assigning monetary fines to some Code of Ethics violations. The Citation Program adopted by SAAR is intended to give complainants and respondents a faster resolution to the complaint process while allowing the complainant to remain anonymous. Those interested in making a complainant would do so in the customary manner, if the grievance committee felt the complaint was eligible for the Citation Program a citation would be issued. To learn more about the Citation Program, click on the document below:
All SAAR Members now have access
to the dotloop platform.
Access dotloop to get started!